Skip to main content

Beautiful Bride : Meet Raka

This girl is a diva, (no I'm not just praising her ) she actually won a Beauty pageant,  where I was her fellow contestant. There are few people who are so gorgeous and down to earth like her.  Girls, meet Raka, the the Real Beautiful Bengali Bride. 




Raka is a friend of mine from those beauty pagent days. And when she got married to her high school sweetheart ( isn't it soo cute and exciting) I had decided to feature her here in the blog. Because I love her and because we all love everything related to weddings, brides, shopping... :D
So here is a small interview of Raka where she answered all my questions related to her wedding.

Me : so, tell us the story. How did you two meet?

Raka : I met koustuv through a common friend....I remember I quarelled with him on the first day....later we became friends...he never proposed me officially..:P

Me : Haha, really?! Well, where did you buy your sarees from? 

Raka : I bought all my attires from different shops...for exmple.. I bought my saree for marriage ceremony from Adimohinimohan Kanjilal (Kolkata) ...from Anand i bought my saree for reception. Then I bought sarees from Tolaram..but most of my sarees are from Anand
and... I haddecided what to wear,from where should I buy etc right from the day my marriage was fixed :D Afterall I was excited! 

Me : Who were your makeup artists?

Raka : For marriage day Sarmili  halder did my makeup and for reception I booked Nanda.

Me : Who was your photographer in your wedding? 

Raka : My uncle knew some photographers from Kolkata tv personally. So they only covered my full wedding.

Me : where did you buy your jewelleries from? And who chose them?

Raka : Jewelleries were from p.c chandra and Anjali jewellers. Well my mom, granny and i  chose all my jeweleries . And my hubby chose the special diamond ring which he gave me :)

Me :  That's great! Please share some tips for all the brides to be :)

Raka : Well what will I say? After all I am only a new bride :D But still firstly  i wanna tell all brides to take care of themselves. Make a routine for what to do and what not to do. Take care of your skin hair and body. Do exercises if you have to shed extra kilos :p You have to drink lots of water & vegies if you want to glow on your wedding day..start doing facials and body messages....take some hairspa. :)

Me: Thank you so much Raka for sharing these wise words with us. I hope the brides to be are taking notes . And thank you again for all the pretty pictures :) 


                                           Getting ready .





                           Raka in her reception with hubby :)



Isn't she looking stunning! I hope you loved reading this post. I really enjoyed writing it :) If you wish to see more post like this then comment and let me know.  Plus if you are a bride and want to get featured here, then feel free to contact me :)

[All these photographs are Raka's. Do not use them without her consent.  Thank you.]

                                        See you soon & lots of Love <3 

Comments

  1. So so soooo prettyy! love all the pictures, she looks stunning, btw dear you have a lovely blog :) thanks for checking out mine, I do have a jewellery line, the link is on my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much sweets :) i love ur blog too :)

      Delete
  2. She is so stunning and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That she is :) thanks for stopping by :))

      Delete
  3. Ohh wow! She is truly a diva! I looked up at each of her pictures for so long. How sharp and precise feature she has! Although makeup played its role but she is a natural beauty! Loved going through the pictures! ♥ Thanks for sharing somorita, should I say senorita?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha whatever u wish to ;) and yes she is stunning even without makeup :) and thank u soo much for stopping by :))

      Delete
  4. She is angelic !
    Great post !

    www.ananyatales.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful, I've seen her before with u. In this pics she is looking just gorgeous...
    And of course a nice post!
    new post http://www.thewomenplaza.com/2015/02/first-ootd-mind-talks.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's like straight out of a fairy tale!!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love your blog so much :) mine is rakshyathapa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful bride she is..Congratulations to Meet..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Bengali Brides

I am one of those people who are obsessed about weddings, bridal looks and everything related to that. As a child i used to collect stamps and now i collect pics of brides ,whether its celebs or people i know. Whenever a celeb gets married, i'm like " OK!! GREAT!! Let's hunt her pics!!!" I just love to see how people dress for their D-day. What they wear, how they wear and whom they wear! ..In this post I'm going to talk about Bengali brides,both celebrities and non-celeb princesses.

Beautiful Bngali brides have been captured in films for a long time. One of the famous bengali bride on screen is Aiswarya Rai (Devdas). By her traditional look, she mesmerized the whole nation. I remember, people in west bengal were wearing dhoti and heavy sarees after the film's release. Such was the madness! In recent movies, Yami Gautam made a beautiful Bengali 'bou' in Vicky Donner.

 I love her red painted (by Aalta) fingers. Now days girls of bengal are going for …

Lakme Absolute Lip Pout Expectation !

Do you name things you own?! Like , does your car has a name? Or your pillow! Yes it sounds strange but a lot of people name things they love ( like we give sweet name to our lovers, puchu, kuchi, sweetie,  motu... bla bla ..haha .. shhhhh). I wonder why cosmetic companies name their products?! There can be soo many reasons.  What do you think it is!?

Well our own Lakme has launched 6 matt lip crayons called Lakme Absolute Lip Pout. And these 6 shades has some juicy names as well!!
Pink Fantasy
Magenta Magic
Tangerine Touch
Victorian Rose
Starlet Red
Raving Red




I loveee all their names and the rich colours of these lip pouts are totally pout worthy.  So before buying Lip Pouts I tried them on Lakme's "Lakme Makeup Pro" app. (If you don't have the app just download it from playstore).

1. Pink Fantasy

Palazzo pant DIY & OOTD

So it is official that palazzo is the hottest trend in this season. From Lakme Fashion Week to Vogue to street style everywhere we can find this pants. And it is comfy to wear in this hot summer weather. In this post I will show you guys how to make a palazzo of your own.
For this pant I took 2.5 meters of fabric. You have to fold the fabric twice and then have to trace and cut the fabric . The picture below may help you understand the process.